Thoughts emerge out from a mind that prefers to type them out rather than pen them down.

That particular Call!!!

| Friday, January 30, 2009
Yesterday (29th Jan 2009) afternoon, I got a very interesting call. It would not have been so interesting had it not been for the goof-up that the caller did. So I thought maybe its worth this blog!! The call was from ICICI bank. In the following conversation, TM is myself and BE is the Bank Executive. Brackets indicate what I thought.So here goes:

TM: Hello!
BE: Good Afternoon Sir
TM: Yes, good afternoon!
BE: Sir I am calling from ICICI bank.
TM: (Oh hell, one more crap call) Ok, what can I do for you?
BE: Sir, is this the home of Mr. Madhukar Munje?
TM: Yes certainly it is!
BE: Sir, may I talk to him?
TM: (Dude, you have screwed up big time) Well he is my grandfather and he expired four years ago.
BE: Oh I am sorry sir. This phone  number I guess is registered in his name?
TM: No it is not. It is registered in his son's name.
BE: Oh yes sir. Mr. Ananta Munje.
TM: Yes that's right.
BE: So sir am I speaking to Mr. Ananta Munje? 
TM: (Dude, I had told you that I am the GRANDSON of Mr. Madhukar Munje; not his SON!!!) No you are not. I am the son of Mr. Ananta Munje.
BE: Ok sir so when can he be contacted?
TM: (you should have kept the phone down fella!) What do you want to talk about?
BE: Sir I had some interesting loan schemes...
TM: But they were for my grandfather were they not? 
BE: No sir they were for Mr. Ananta Munje.
TM: (That's it buddy!! I am done with you.) Where did you get this number from? I don't think my father will be interested in the schemes you have. Thank you very much. Have a good day.

At this point, I disconnected the line just because my mobile phone started ringing!! I would have loved to take him to task for the next ten minutes (afterall, incoming is free guys!!!)

3 comments:

MAK said...

though i had the plwasure to listen this incident directly 4m ur tounge it was also good to read it..

Aadi said...

A nice thing to write .you could have easily continued the talk ,but thanks to your cellphone!!
But dude you missed writing the abuses...

Tejas said...

@ Raghotham: I am guessing you performed a google search the moment you got the admission card for the test. An open blog such as this is no medium to discuss these issued and hence I shall not post your comment on my blog. As far as the exam is concerned, try to assimilate as much information about basic electronics, Gates, microprocessors, the space programs, recent developments in the science field as possible. Trust me, nothing more than your innate intelligence will help you in the test. The test should be objective type so try to work from the options. That's all I can say at the moment.

All the best.